Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The things you do...

...to get out of the house.

In the past couple of months I have gone to Bikram's Yoga--you know the one, 26 postures in 38 degree heat (plus humidity); Power Yoga (more downward dog than Lassie did in her lifetime); Spin Cycle (with seats so hard the pain in your ass takes away from the pain in your legs) and started running, all in the name of escaping the four walls I call home and all that comes with it.

Although I suppose it's not all bad--I mean, I could be going to the local pub instead. Which of course is what I would be doing, if say, my next birthday was 30 and not forty. Yes, that's right, in a little over 2 months I will be 40. And if I want to be able to keep up with my darling children, I'd better start getting that heart rate up before it gets too late!

So I guess this exercise kick may be more about running away from getting old than running away from the dishes, laundry and all other duties that fall under my job description. Or maybe it's running away from both. Hopefully the more I go the faster and farther I can run away and stave it all off!


No comments:

Post a Comment