Sunday, April 3, 2011

Our full potential?

A whirlwind week has just flown by and the reality and a semblance of normalcy has returned:
Kids fighting, rain, laundry, dishes, high fevers, you name it, we've got it!

Amidst all the chaos and bedlam I am struck with the realization that my baby boy, my baby that really not that long ago, was growing inside me, will be turning four. Ya think, I'll be saying the same when he's about to turn 40 (assuming I live that long, probably!).

It's amazing. Absolutely amazing to see how much they develop and grow in such a short time. I mean, look at yourself. what have you learned in four short years? That's what I thought!

If we are capable of so much at such a young age, why do we stop? Imagine what we could accomplish if we continued to learn and develop at such a pace? I suppose if anyone ever tried they'd be encouraged to slow it down, lest they make the rest of us look bad. Shame really.






No comments:

Post a Comment