Sunday, September 12, 2010

costco tales

OK, so I had a ridiculously fun & exciting time at Costco last week. Seriously. Before you judge, imagine not having access to one for 4 years. That's what I thought.

Now my exuberance *may* have blinded me a little bit. Just a little. In my defense, it is really, I mean REALLY frikkin' hard not to throw all the cute and CHEAP stuff for kids in my cart. I mean really really really frikkin' hard. OK, I think you get the point.

Maybe, just maybe I should've looked at some items a little more closely, but again, *in my defense* I only had an hour and half and I had to renew my membership in that time, so really, only an hour.

OK, enough of the excuses, the long and short of it: my son is currently sleeping in girls PJs. Again, in my defense, the jammies are blue & green and look (at least in the package) like they're boys. Until I dressed him for bed tonight. The shoulders are, well, a little pouffy. You know, 1980s gathering at the shoulder (or as my husband pointed out, maybe 1780s men's fashion). And, upon closer consideration, the design of the fabrics is decidedly, well, girlish.

Now, I am really not a fan of gender stereotypes. I think boys should play with dolls and girls with trucks. Pink looks great on most boys and blue on most girls. So, it's not that I have a problem with dressing my son in girls clothes, it's just that, well...to be honest, I can't stop smiling when I see him in these jammies.

Maybe it's because by the end of the day, he's so, well, passionate when he talks. He's so serious. And it's really hard to take him seriously with these puffy shoulders!! I would love to take a picture for you, but, he's asleep right now and I really don't think he's going to wear them again. It's just not fair. For me!! All I want to do is laugh when I see him....so methinks, in the morning I'll just tell him that they're too small.

Thankfully they won't go to waste as they'll be fitting Little Miss in no time.

In the meantime, I shall be a bit more careful when I'm at Costco next time.

2 comments:

  1. I would also be really excited to visit a Costco! I can't wait until it opens here! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorraine it so awesome!!! I was giddy with anticipation walking from the car to the entrance. The trolleys are almost as tall as me!

    ReplyDelete